Skyuka Hall takes seriously the health, safety and well-being of our community members, and we are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Members of the Leadership Team are regularly reviewing information and recommendations from the CDC and Tennessee and Hamilton County Departments of Health.
What Skyuka Hall is Doing
While there have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases at Skyuka Hall, the school is taking the following steps across campus to assist in keeping members of the community healthy.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout Skyuka Hall have been refilled and are being monitored regularly.
- Cleaning staff has been instructed to use disinfectant for all of its cleaning. All classrooms, the cafeteria, kitchen and offices have been thoroughly disinfected.
- The Leadership Team is actively monitoring all current and upcoming domestic and international travel involving students, parents, faculty and staff and following CDC recommendations.
What You Can Do
The best ways to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including flu, are to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Immediately throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu vaccine if you have not yet done so.
Additional recommendations for people with respiratory symptoms:
If you have symptoms of fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing you should:
- Stay confined to your room/office and notify any of the following:
- Seek medical care right away. Before you go to a doctor's office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about any recent travel and your symptoms.
- Erlanger Hospital Chattanooga ER - 423-778-7000
- Memorial Hospital ER - 423-495-2525
You can find additional information about the coronavirus at the following websites: