Financial Aid Information and Instructions
Skyuka Hall has partnered with the National Association of Independent Schools to provide you with the ability to create a Parent Financial Statement, or PFS. The submission of the PFS will generate a report to you, the financial aid applicant, and one to Skyuka Hall administration.
The report generated will indicate the amount your family can securely contribute toward tuition. This process will allow Skyuka Hall to make fair and equitable financial aid decisions for our families. While the report indicates your ability to pay, it in no way indicates the amount of aid you will receive. Skyuka Hall does its best to meet the needs of our families while maintaining and ensuring small student-to-teacher ratios.
We are able to offer financial aid to qualifying families, thanks to the generous contributions of donors who understand the need for a non-traditional school for non-traditional learners. While your tuition dollars are applied directly toward the education of your student, due to the small student-to-teacher ratio these dollars do not cover the full cost of an individualized Skyuka Hall education.
Financial aid awards will be indicated in your re-enrollment or new student contract if a completed PFS and supporting documents have been submitted prior to the application due date. Families will begin the application process by visiting the SSS Family Portal. The financial aid application is online only. The deadline to apply for financial aid for re-enrolling students for the 2020-2021 school year is January 31, 2020. Please note that your application is not complete without an uploaded copy of 2019 W2s and 2019 1040 (with all supporting schedules).
Two-household families are required to submit a PFS for each household, including step-parent information when applicable.
Directions and Important Information
- Begin at the SSS Family Portal.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you used last year.
- Begin a PFS for the academic year in which you wish to request financial aid. You can log out of the PFS at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have submitted your application, you will be directed to a payment screen. The fee of $49 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After submission of your PFS, you’ll have access to a section called “My Documents.” Here, you may upload all required financial documents.
- The Skyuka Hall school code for SSS is 9168.
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Documents must be uploaded to the proper section, requiring each document to be saved as a separate file. For Skyuka Hall to view these documents, you must remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Select the correct academic year for which you intend to apply (returning families will have more than one academic year in their portal).
- When logged into your PFS, you will go to the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate, and save each individual file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
- Documents we require you to submit in addition to the PFS: Previous tax year 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ (with all supporting schedules), and previous tax year W2 Forms. For returning families, the deadline to submit the financial aid application is January 31. All tax forms must be submitted by February 15 for a financial aid award to be reflected on your reenrollment contract.